The Aries New Moon comes each year, and is usually great for beginnings of any kind, her seeding power optimized in the sign of fresh Spring. The current lunation is mediated, however. Retrograde Mercury says put off new projects, and focus rather on reviewing and redoing previous concerns. An additional constraint is this lunation’s opposition to Saturn in Libra, calling to restructure relationships, as Terry Lamb points out. The related Sabian symbol pinpoints co-dependent and self-destructive patterns: “A serpent is circling around a man and woman who are very engrossed in each other.” (ME Jones version)
The following ceremony is designed to channel the active impulse of Aries New Moon into redoing our relational context, so that we may begin a new phase in synchronicity with our own true essence.
- A red candle
- Minerals: amethysts, diamonds or any red stones
- Flowers: red and/or white
- Incense: soft and floral or green tea
- Image or sacred object: Archangel Michael’s sword
- Bach Flower Essence: gentian
- A page and pen for each participant
1) Light your incense, saying something like,
This is an offering for my guardian angel (and/or preferred guides), whose help I request to discern and implement the changes in accordance with healthy, joyous and empowering patterns in my relationships.
2) Light your candle saying,
This radiance represents the divine life that shines in my blood and entire being, mobilizing me to face and act on these changes.
3) Repeat the following words three times:
The Same Mind that knows the best way to restructure my relational patterns, also knows how to show it to me, and is working to do so through Its infinite channels now.
4) Take several minutes to remember and enrich approaches or measures you have previously considered to heal your relationships, and write down one or two concrete things you can do. These might include: Reorganizing your work or living space for more independence (or, conversely, for greater cooperation), making a treasure map or related tools, getting therapy, finding a support group (for co-dependents, love addicts, etc.), ending a partnership, being more supportive to your partner, establishing a program of time for self-care, and so on.
5) Repeat the following affirmation during 10 minutes or more:
As new life comes forth in Spring´s foliage, Divine Life emerges in my relationships, moving aside obsolete patterns and blooming in synchronicity with my joyous, brave and free Essence now.
An anonymous author wrote that all people long for a new start. The current lunation reminds us that to move forward, often we must first go back, into the depths of our souls and our alliances with others, which are key to anything we do on this planet. By using inner strategies like those above, repeating the prayers during at least 7 minutes daily and acting on our insights before the next Full Moon, we can join the cosmic call for a new season of Shared Selfhood.
Lamb, Terry, Daily Success Guide
Bills, Rex E., The Rulership Book (USA, American Federation of Astrologers, 1971)
Hugendubel, Heinrich, Flores que Curan el Alma (Ediciones Urano, 1993, Barcelona, Spain).
Morrison, Dorothy, Everyday Moon Magic: Spells & Rituals for Abundant Living (Llewellyn, 2003, St. Paul, MN).
Spiller, Jan, New Moon Astrology: The Secret of Astrological Timing to Make All Your Dreams Come True (NY, Bantam, 2001).