“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant” Maya Angelou.
Without any exaggeration, the astrology of April 2014 is epoch-making . The focal point is a Grand Cardinal Cross with Uranus, Jupiter, Mars and Pluto all at 13 degrees of cardinal signs on April 23. The Uranus/Pluto Square is the fifth of seven between June 24, 2012 and March 17 ,2015, the most powerful outer planetary combination which is reshaping our world personally and globally. Think of grinding tectonic plates where irresistible change occurs below the surface for years, until one day a Krakatoa volcano or a tsunami erupts seemingly out of the blue. The planetary pattern that was the catalyst happened earlier, in this case back in 1965/66 at the Uranus/Pluto conjunction in Virgo.
Now the Uranus/Pluto Square is pulled into a Grand Cross by Jupiter in Cancer and Mars in Libra. Think crossroads, think centrifuge, think helicopter with four propeller blades, think of four riders on the storm galloping in different compass directions.Then factor in that this Grand Cross—the watershed of the 2012-2015 period of upheaval—is sandwiched between two powerful eclipses: a Lunar eclipse on April 15 which will turn the Moon red, followed by a Solar eclipse and a New Moon on April 29.I will write more about this astrology in my next article.
Your Map for the Journey
Much has been written about the likely global ripples and repercussions of this pattern, but very little on the imprint on psyche and soma. The most powerful strategy you can adopt to avoid fear and passivity is to understand these archetypes, to assign them meaning and to work creatively with them in your own life.
My Cycle of Personal Psychosynthesis looks at the four archetypes as an evolutionary spiral from Process Breakdown to the Regulating Self, mapping the elements, the Major Arcana and the Rays on to each, eliciting the gift or shadow from working at the Transpersonal or Egoic level of awareness.
The Cycle starts with Uranus in Aries the First House of the World Chart, moving through the fields of Jupiter in Cancer in the Fourth House, Mars in Libra in the Seventh, to Pluto in Capricorn at the MC, the Tenth House. If you are on solid personal ground, consciously directing your sub-personalities like the conductor of an orchestra so that no one planet dominates, you can stand in the center of your Self and your life. You are unlikely to be struck by one of the four outer planet propellers, and you’re able to have lift-off. This cycle and field of influence ripples through your psyche in cascading epiphanies and insights, not in a linear timeline of “Now I’ll focus on Uranus and tomorrow Jupiter”.
Uranus at 13 Degrees Aries
- Cardinal Fire
- JungianTypology: Feeling
- Modus Operandi: Breakdown and breakthrough through mental awakening
- Catabolism: the process of disintegration of the old forms to set in train the pulse of manifestation of the new
- Major Arcana : the Tower; the World
- Ray:the 1st Ray of Will and Power
- Archetype: The Great Awakener; Prometheus Unchained
- Transpersonal Gift: Service to evolution
- Egoic Shadow: Eccentricity and maverick selfishness.
Wherever 13 degrees Aries falls in your birth chart is the area of life where you are being pushed to break your own rules, to overthrow outdated beliefs and behaviours and think out of the box. Signs are restlessness, nervousness and the search for greener grass.
Question: What in me is waking up?
Jupiter at 13 Degrees Cancer
- Cardinal Water
- Jungian Typology: Intuition
- Modus Operandi: expanding your awareness to the meaning of the bigger picture
- Wisdom and Experience: nurturing the seeds of Aries
- Major Arcana : The Star; the Devil
- Ray: the 3rd Ray of Active Intelligence in the passionate pursuit of truth
- Archetype: the Great Benefic The Priest
- Transpersonal Gift: How can I best serve the world?”
- Egoic Shadow: ”How can I best serve me?”
Wherever 13 degrees Cancer is in your chart is where you are moving from separation consciousness to inclusivity. You nurture and care for yourself, your family, your friends, your tribe and extend that compassion to everyone on the planet
Question: Where and how do I over- or underestimate myself?
Mars at 13 Degrees Libra
- Cardinal Air
- Jungian Typology: Thinking
- Modus Operandi: Activating the will to act on the feeling and wisdom of Aries and Cancer
- Anabolism: Initiating the process of building
- Major Arcana: The Chariot; The Sun
- Ray:The 3rd Ray of Active Intelligence seeking the point of balance.
- Archetype: The Warrior
- Transpersonal Gift: Evolution of the Personal Skilful Will
- Egoic Shadow: Aggression, destruction and criminality
Wherever 13 degrees Libra is in your chart, you are mastering right relationship and greater I/Thou sensitivity.
Question: How easily do I allow others their map of the world?
Pluto at 13 Degrees Capricorn
- Cardinal Earth
- Jungian Typology: Sensing
- Modus Operandi: Eradicating and destroying the old like a wrecking ball to make way for new spiritual growth.
- The Regulating Self: Personal Autonomy
- Major Arcana: the High Priestess; The Hierophant
- Ray:The 1st Ray of Will and Purpose, mastery of life, a supreme transmitter
- Archetype: The Great Eliminator the Lord of the Underworld
- Transpersonal Gift: Evolutionary Power and Intelligence
- Egoic Shadow: Ruthless drive for power over others
Wherever 13 degrees Capricorn is in your chart is where repeated losses are clearing the psychic ground for practical mastery.
Question: Am I secure in my personal autonomy? How congruently do I walk my talk?
“Dare to love yourself
as if you were a rainbow
with gold at both ends.” ~Aberjhani