by Crystal Pomeroy
Maya's description of the energies for the August New Moon cycle suggest a unique opportunity to combine our impulse for authentic, free self-expression and risk taking, with our need to nurture our soft, emotional selves and the "iron discipline" to pull off such a feat. The following prayerful exercises are designed to align with this cycles moonbeams on their higher octave. That is, with faith, awareness, creativity and decision to live in a more centered, fulfilling and purposeful manner, freer of lifes little (or big) addictive distractions, and nearer our bliss.
Whether or not you choose to use an altar for your prayers during this moon cycle, its good to have paper and favorite pen on hand to make the most of the meditation below, as well as a brightly colored card or cards to write your New Moon affirmation as a message to yourself.
SYMBOLS OF THE ELEMENTS
FOR THE AUGUST, 2001 NEW MOON CYCLE
These symbols can be used to add to or to create seasonally and and astrologically synchronized altars and ceremonies:
- The earth element can be present as dry grass or shafts of wheat, a bottle or jar of honey a ceramic sun painted in warm colors, or any beautiful gold or gold-colored object.
- You can use spring or sea water in a goblet, glass, which can be an amber shade, or any warm colored, shiny vessel.
- Timely symbols of fire would include a large and/or particularly elegant yellow, gold or orange colored candle.
- For the air element at this time, you might choose some dramatic, majestic music of your preference, or choose a good quality sandalwood or apple incense, or put a touch of fine sandalwood extract or other very fine fragrance at the base of your candles wick.
GUIDES AND ANGELS FOR THE LEO NEW MOON CYCLE BEGINNING AUGUST 18, 2001
Those who wish to call on guides and angels at this time to assist in prayer focusing may refer especially to:
Clarity and Astrea (Angels of Purification)
The Angel of Free Self Expression
The Angel of Discipline
The Christ Mind
If you wish to summon such helpers before beginning your own prayers and meditations, and/or your own angel(s) or guides, and any other beings "of the high white light alone" (a good phrase for protection when summoning spirits or guides), you may call on them out loud or in writing.
Before initiating your Leo New Moon ceremony or prayers, you might say or write something like,
"I (we, if summoned by a group) greet you and bless you for your work of divine service and guidance, and request your assistance in developing our connection with the True Center within and maintaining Its activity in our daily lives above all else."
MEDITATION FOR THE AUGUST, 2001 NEW MOON
(1) In a comfortable position, with pen and paper on hand, close your eyes and ask yourself what activityor what two activitiesyou may be neglecting that is most authentically "you," that makes you feel purposeful and centered in your true, healthy self, and which you are carrying out in the way that would make you feel most satisfied or complete.
Write down your answer, which will likely center on the spiritual or creative areas. Sample answers from a workshop where we did this exercise included:
"I would like to do my prayers in an organized way."
"I would like to really get into my school work."
"Create a more spiritual atmosphere in my home."
"Do my inner work as a priority so that Im centered in love and faith."
"Develop more initiative and commitment in my professional life."
(2) Make an inventory of your current daily routine to see where you might be distracting yourself from that purpose with mundane, addictive activities.
Discoveries from our workshop included:
"Talking on the phone."
"Spending time with my husbandI have a romance addiction."
"Getting ready for work. I turn on the T.V. for a visitor I have, and then end up spending time watching it myself while Im getting ready, instead of doing my prayers and writing."
"To the Angels of Free Self Expression and of Discipline (and whatever other guides and angels you may choose): help me name some ways to insure more spiritual and creative sobriety, to carry out on a daily basis that which is most important to my purpose and being."
(4) Identify, in writing, a way or ways to reduce your addictive wastes of time.
Some from our workshop were:
"I will only wash the patio once a week instead of daily."
"Ill talk to my husband about needing to cut back on my time hanging out with him."
"Cut down T.V. to half an hour a day."
"Do my prayers first thing in the morning."
"See one favorite program instead of two."
"Look at my emails less often."
(5) Repeat the following affirmation for seven minutes, in a loud, decisive voice (you may also write it as you decree).
I AM AN ACTIVE EXPRESSION OF THE OMNIPOTENT POWER THAT MANIFESTS AS THE CONQUEST OF MYSELF AND WITH IT OF MY MOST SUBLIME DESIRES. I DO NOT POSTPONE IT. I DO WHAT I MOST WANT TO NOW.
(6) Write your decree in large, pretty letters on a brightly colored cards or card, and tape or put it in a place or places close to your daily sight and heart (next to your computer, television, bathroom mirror, stove, etc.).
(7) Give thanks to your Higher Power, Guides and Angels, for their assistance in your New Moon prayer cycle, and for the results that will inevitably manifest from your words of faith ("our shared words of faith," if done in a group).
go directly to Maya's Moon Report for August
All rights reserved 1999, 2000, 2001. Copyright © 2001.