by Crystal Pomeroy
This very intense moon cycle, as outlined by Maya (see Daily Success Guide for November 15), is apt for reflections, prayers and meditations which assist us in shedding our attachment to outer symbols of power and control, and focusing within, on deepening our faith in a Higher Power within your own soul as your true source. Any activities, groups, and prayers that further your building this awareness are especially accentuated during this time. In fact, world events clearly suggest that now is the time to solidify our stand on the side of Spirit.
Reaffirming belief in the Infallible Source Within will give you the inner clarity to release fear-based patterns of relating and living, and move into the most powerful consciousness of all: unconditional love of self and others. Emphasizing your faith in a Power beyond the influences in the world will also free you to go about your lifes purpose without wavering in the face of apparent pressures from circumstances in your life, in your relationships or in the larger world around you.
SYMBOLS OF THE ELEMENTS FOR THE NOVEMBER 15, 2001 SCORPIO NEW MOON CYCLE
These are to add to or create seasonally and astrologically synchronized altars and ceremonies, if you choose to use such for your prayers at this time. (An altar is a place established for praying. More importantly, that place in our awareness where we contact and venerate the Higher Power within.)
- The earth element can be represented by brightly colored autumn leaves, either loose in a bowl or on a sprig in a vase or bottle. You may also choose apples or black stones or pebbles.
- You may choose cider, or a vial of aromatherapy, perfume, or other concentrated fragrance or potion to symbolize water.
- Apropos symbols of fire may include dramatic deep orange or red, white and/or purple candles, or a fire burning in your hearth.
- The air element at this time, may be present as music which evokes unconditional love. Beethovens Ninth Symphony is good for this, as is a spectacular CD, Ten Thousand Buddhas, produced by Tao Music.
Other suggestions for November, 2001, prayer preparations:
- Visualize yourself surrounded by and saturated with bright, violet light as you dress in comfortable, attractive, purple and/or white garments.
- Wear amethyst jewelry.
- On your altar or in your prayer space, place a picture of the Goddess, Jesus, or of another high vibration guide, above or next to a small globe or picture of Planet Earth and/or a picture of your dearly beloved self.
GUIDES AND ANGELS FOR THE SCORPio NEW MOON CYCLE BEGINNING NOVEMBER 15, 2001
Those who wish to call on guides and angels at this time to assist in prayer focusing may refer especially to:
- Archangel Gabriel and Hope (guardians of forgiveness)
- Archangel Chamuel and Beloved Charity (guardians of Divine Love) Lady Rowena (regent of the Third Ray, of Divine Love)
- Archangel Zadquiel and Amethyst (guardians of Atlantis, submerged area still in need of planetary healing that includes the seas around New York and Florida)
- The Angel of Self-Esteem
- The Divine Mother
- Venus, Goddess of Love
Tonantzin (Mother of the Gods and Goddesses in Mesoamerica, Divine Mother of the Americas.)
- Queen of Light (ascended master who is named thus for her great victories over darkness)
- The Angel of Planetary Healing
- The Angel of Planet Earth
- The Christ Mind
- Jesus Christ
If you wish to summon such helpers before beginning your own prayers and meditations, and/or your own angel(s) or guides, and any other beings "of the high white light alone" (a good phrase for protection when summoning spirits or guides), you may call on them out loud or in writing.
Before initiating your Scorpio New Moon ceremony or prayers, you might say or write something like,
"I (we, if summoned by a group) greet you and bless you for your work of divine service and guidance, and request your assistance in rising above the illusion of worldly power and dependency, and living anew in an awareness of faith and love for myself and all beings."
MEDITATION FOR THE NOVEMBER 15, 2001 NEW MOON CYCLE
1. If you havent already done so recently, identify in writing the key features of what your heart tells you would be a most delightful life. Defy your sense of whats probable, likely, or logical according to your current circumstances or world events. Make sure you think big, and describe a really exciting life for yourself. Include such features as what you can imagine as a wonderful day-to-day activity, relationship/family situation, aspirations for spiritual growth, and your desire for emotional, physical and financial wellness. Write your desires as affirmations, in present tense, as you write imagine that you are describing your current life.
If you have recently made such a list, rewrite it now, revising it as you are guided, and knowing as you do that the Force within is creating your future according to your decrees.
2. Make a summary list of desired blessings. Read your list and identify five or six elements blessings in writing that are really important to your ideal life, such as:
If you are doing this exercise in a group, you may each make your lists, then agree on 5 or 6 common elements, for communal use of the prayers below.
3. Get in touch with your true relationship with yourself through the following SELF LOVE EXERCISE, which I hope you will find as healing and powerful as the members of my prayer ministry have.
A) In a notebook, write todays date and then the following heading:
Ways in which I reject myself.
Then write some idea or ideas that come into your mind under this heading. Keeping it short (a page or less) will help you be able to find time to do this on a daily basis for the duration of the current moon cycle (or longer, if you desire). Some simplified examples from our group included:
I feel guilty if I spend my time on my creative or inner work instead of on housework or other activities that are directed towards my whole family, or that make me look like a perfect housewife.
At work, I refrain from looking at those with a much higher position in the hierarchy directly in the eye.
I ask for my partners opinion even when Im not really interested, and when in truth I trust my own point of view as sufficient and superior in many given situations, like my work or the people we relate to.
Since Ive been married, I often put the professional, cultural and economic initiatives I would take by myself on hold. Its as though I would feel like an unloved, un-taken-care of and unfeminine woman if I made active steps for our progress. I also feel trepidation that my husband might feel inferior in some respect, and I feel guilty about that, too.
I feel guilty if I spend money on myself.
I feel guilty about going places my family thinks are weird, like to my prayer group or to a bookstore.
If you are doing this exercise in a group, you may enjoy sharing some of what came up for each of you.
B) Respond to the new insight into how youve rejected yourself, with a sentence beginning with,
"I love myself and I give myself permission to......"
Sample responses to the thoughts shared above include:
I love myself, and I give myself permission to focus on what I think the best use of my time is.
I love myself, and I give myself permission to interact spontaneously with the people around me, without considering them superior to me.
I love myself, and I give myself permission to keep my own counsel.
I love myself, and I give myself permission to take those commercial and professional initiatives that I consider important, rather than waiting for someone else to do it.
C) As a group or on your own, with your list of blessings on hand, write once and then verbally repeat the following affirmation slowly and from the heart, as you consciously send yourself love, for at least 10 minutes:
I love myself, and I allow myself to receive all of the _________________ (insert list of desired blessings) that Spirit has for me now!
D) Write something you like about yourself, or something youve done recently that shows your value or virtue. If you are in a group, each can share this aloud.
The preceding exercise has a very powerful, multiple effect. Immediately, you will likely find yourself freeing up from layers of self-rejection, which is among the most lethal of emotions. At the same time, your vibration will begin to raise to that of unconditional love, which is what the planet most needs right now. Third, you will begin to note changes in your environment, situation, and the world around you, as you will begin to allow the Good that is now seeking you to express itself. Daily use of this exercise is apt to bring some surprising changes both within and without. More reflections are likely to surface around your self-esteem issues. Go ahead and write them as they do, though bearing in mind to keep the daily writing somewhat brief, so you will actually go back to it the next day. Just one little reflection on how you are rejected or have rejected yourself is enough to pry open your emotional nature and let the light of love prayers in.
4) Scan the world with love.
Bring to mind the people and places around the world that currently most stir your love feelings. For 8 to 10 minutes, direct your love to them with heartfelt thoughts, which could be like the following:
I love you, brothers and sisters, because my Divine Father/Mother lives in you.
You may choose to scan the world as you start, for instance, with the area of New York, and all those affected by recent occurrences there.
Then move to the Congressional workers, and government workers in general, then to Afghanistan, to the rest of the Middle East, to Africa, to the Amazon rainforest, to the trees and oceans of the world, then to California. (If done in a group, one person can guide this world love scan, focusing for a minute or so on each place or group.)
5) Transmute your opponents with love.
Bring to mind that person or those people who you find especially irritating or angering. Write down their name(s). For 10 minutes or more, send them thoughts of release and blessing, like the following:
In spite of whatever differences exist between us, I love you, because my Divine Father/Mother lives in you.
The above circle of healing and prospering love moves out from your heart, to yourself, around the world, and back to dissipate the shadows of your mind with the greatest force on earth: Unconditional Love. As you let Its presence fill your heart and mind, you will generate good within that cannot help but shine on all you touch, and return to you as love works Its Own complete and perfect miracles.
Check out Crystal's Meditation for the Halloween Full Moon cycle
All rights reserved 1999, 2000, 2001. Copyright © 2001.