by Crystal Pomeroy
Power is an issue throughout 2008: what it means, what actions we can take to apply it, what parts of ourselves and others we must deal with to express it. This New Moon in Pisces—marked by the last exact opposition of Mars to Pluto of the year—helps us look at the ways in which we give into helplessness, and, aided by a close conjunction to Uranus, move beyond those programs to claim our power. All of us have Pisces and Neptune somewhere in our charts, and that part of us can tend to fall into a habit of feeling helpless. At some point we have accepted what appears to be life’s terms of negotiation, convinced we must be oppressed or subjugated by certain people, circumstances or groups of power. Often, we have relinquished our free will in one or more areas, the concomitant self-pity and/or passivity have in turn attracted more experiences reinforcing the mirage of our helplessness.
Altar-ations for the New Moon in Pisces
2 candles: purple for transmutation and red for action
An amethyst crystal
Also have a notebook and pen on hand
Ceremony for the Pisces New Moon
1. Light your candles, repeating something like:
I light my consciousness of being innately capable of everything I need to achieve my higher goals.
2. Light the incense, calling on the Archangels connected to it in the following manner:
This is an offering for Zadquiel, Michael and Chamuel.
Please Zadquiel, help me release the programs of helplessness in my conscious and unconscious mind and circumstances.
Chamuel, help me to love myself, to maintain a grateful mind for the aptitudes that I have been blessed with and to release self-pity.
Michael, help me overcome inertia, procrastination and any other passive habits.
3. Make a list of the type of situations in which you have slipped into helplessness.
4. Write the following words below your list:
NO, NO, NO, I DON’T ACCEPT THIS. I AM THE PERFECT EXPRESSION OF SPIRIT’S CAPACITY TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE WHAT IS ON MY DIVINE PATH NOW. GOD’S CAPACITY IN ME CANNOT BE LIMITED.
5. For those who enjoy working with their dreams: each night before sleeping, go over the day’s events and recall any situation or encounter that has evoked feelings of helplessness.
6. Consider these feelings as you repeat during five minutes:
NO, NO, NO, I DON’T ACCEPT THIS. GOD’S CAPACITY IN ME CANNOT BE LIMITED. I’M INTENT ON REMAINING EMPOWERED.
7. Call on your guardian angel or angels, saying words like these from the bottom of your heart:
PLEASE, HELP ME TO HEAL AND SEE IN MY DREAMS WHATEVER I NEED TO BE AND DO TO REMAIN FREE, POWERFUL AND SURE, DOING WHATEVER I NEED TO WITH ENERGY AND SUCCESS NOW.
8. Write down any guidance received upon waking.
2008 is an unusual year, and each of us has a part to play in it. To act creatively on inner guidance, at the very moment nature and the Universe invite us to, can plant a seed of intent whose power to free our souls and bless the world goes beyond the reach of human imagination. Such initiatives affirm that we are anything but helpless.
All rights reserved 1999-2008. Copyright © 2001-2008.