by Crystal Pomeroy
We are now before a magical portal for reconnecting with our personal paths of communication. Words are power: to create, clarify, persuade, educate, reveal, incite, elevate and heal. Words are central to mental life, to work, to relating. To live artfully, to live wholly, is to develop this power. Each of us has our own characteristic way of communicating, which can be the sum of many influences, including the natal chart, karma, and experience, as well as genetic, environmental, educational and cultural factors, to name only a few that contribute to our unique style of expression. Gemini is the speaker of the zodiac, while the Sabian symbol for this lunation calls us to get in touch with our deepest roots. To quote Rudyard, it describes, “A RETURN TO THE SOURCE… contact with archetypes.” Each of us has something to say; to identify and give voice to the message of the heart is to affirm our unique path of power.
The medium in which to apply our expression varies according to current activities and preferences and may include one or several interests, such as: writing letters to Congress, articles, a book, doing school work, public speaking, promotion of some idea or product we believe in, saying constructive things to those around us, establishing a habit of healing or creating only good, keeping silent when appropriate, repeating affirmations or other sacred thoughts, or simply learning to express our feelings and perceptions in a timely, clear fashion that fortifies our self-respect. Consciously or not, most of us want to get in touch with our natural eloquence, and also to improve our use of words in one way or another. However, often there are blocks to self-expression lurking in the forest of the subconscious mind. In a patriarchal culture that promotes compliance, few of us have been brought up to focus on our innate gifts of independent thought and communication. To develop them is to slay what Stuart Wilder calls the “dragon of negativity of the collective unconscious,” with its programs of “don’t stand out,” and “who do you think you are to deserve to be heard?”
This lunation, moving into a square with Saturn, gives us the discipline to tame such dragons, as we begin a lunar month of daily application with the power of our own highest speech. The energy work below is designed to optimize this promise.
There are elements you can integrate into your sacred space or corner to synchronize with the current lunation. These include:
- Flowers and plants ruled by Gemini, such as daisies, acacia, ivy or other vines, fern or carrots
- Incense, particularly lavender
- Gemini stones such as tiger eye, topaz, coral white quartz
- Infusion of water with a few pinches of oregano or mint
- Two candles: one yellow and the other white or gold, to be used as described below
There are angels specially focused on refining and redeeming communication projects, and the will and skills to complete them, and you can call on them, requesting the kind of help you feel you need in this area as you light the yellow candle. They include:
- Ambriel (the angel that expert investigator Lucy Aspra associates with Gemini)
- The Angel of Communicative Powers
- Your preferred guide and/or somebody who is no longer in the physical, but who seems to exemplify command of your chosen field, genre or type of communication.
Call on helpers like those above to guide and expand your abilities and will to find and use your true voice, and, as you light the gold or white candle, the Angel of Alchemy or Archangel Michael to help dissolve your blocks.
The Clear-Voice Journal
A very powerful way to start the new lunar cycle is this magical journal, designed to free your power of communication.
- Begin your journal with some sort of dedication, which may be to guides and angels like those suggested above, to all the healing voices of past and present that inspire and lead by their examples, to the intent of synchronizing with the June New Moon by resurrecting your gifts of communication.
- Write down a way or some ways in which you would like to refine or develop your verbal expression.
- Once you have the goal or list of goals, choose no more than three types of communication whose development you will honor during the next 28 days (or until the next New Moon cycle), and write them down again.
- After reading this step, close your eyes for a moment and let your mind wander back to the earliest memory you have of hearing or sensing messages that challenge your right to effective expression, voices like these: “You don’t have a right to speak out.” “Just shut up.” “How selfish to think what you have to say is so special…” “What makes you think anyone will actually like what you have to say?”
- After meditating like this for a few minutes, write down those phrases and sensations that have risen in your memory.
- Go over thoughts like these slowly and with attention during the next several minutes:
Infinite Intelligence perceives and speaks in an original way through me, and it is right and good that I develop this expression now. I deserve to give myself the time, attention, training and whatever else I need to find and express my voice well and successfully. Only for today, I will take the necessary initiatives to fulfill and dignify my call of powerful communication.
Remember: you have a right to write, to speak out, to reclaim the Archetype of Speech that is even now waiting to come through you in its own unique way. The above prayers and activities, along with compatible ones that may arise, can move you on to a new level of satisfaction and efficacy if you apply them daily throughout the next four weeks. Bless yourself and such endeavors as you go about them, knowing that far from hurting anyone with your highest voice, you will contribute to a new paradigm in a world that clamors for words of truth and healing.
- Make a list of initiatives you can take to move towards your chosen goals. These may include anything relevant, such as acquiring and studying new information, taking some bureaucratic steps (to present a dissertation, enroll or re-enroll in a course of study, change one’s course of study or whatever, contact an agent and so on), writing two pages a day, taking time out for reflection to get in touch with and write about your feelings, going to therapy or a 12-step group for that purpose, making sales calls, improving your website or the presentation and promotion of your work, calling and writing dear ones—the possibilities are myriad; just apply your imagination to see what you might need to begin reclaiming your gift and path of communication.
- Follow up by starting each morning during this moon cycle by looking at your chosen communication project, repeating your affirmations and setting your goals for progress in this area.
All rights reserved 1999-2009. Copyright © 2001-2009.